Chocolate Chex Cookie Bites
These fun bites take 20 minutes to whip up and have just 5 ingredients, including a fruit and whole grain. What more can you ask for in a healthier candy alternative?!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup Chocolate Chex
- 1 medium-sized banana, ripe
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Add the oats and cereal into the bowl of your food processor. Pulse until the oats and cereal are ground, about 15-20 seconds.
- Add the banana and egg to the cereal mixture and pulse until the consistency of the mixture is similar to that of cookie dough. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a small cookie scoop to form into bite-sized bites. Place on a baking sheet once formed.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to one week.
- Recipe provided by Katie Serbinski, R.D., of Mom to Mom Nutrition.
Per serving: 4 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 92 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 2 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet