Chocolate Crunch Bar
Ready to turn two healthy ingredients into a delicious chocolate candy bar? Simply mix together melted dark chocolate with puffed brown-rice cereal, and you'll soon be the lucky recipient of a delicious dessert that's gluten-free and packed with goodness. Make it for your next party and don't expect any leftovers.
- 2 cups semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups puffed brown-rice cereal
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or saucepan on the stovetop over low heat. Alternatively, you can melt chocolate in the microwave by heating for 15 to 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until chocolate is smooth and velvety.
- Add cereal into the melted chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Spread mixture on the prepared baking sheet and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Once it's cool, cut into bars or break into irregular pieces and place them on a festive serving tray.
- Recipe courtesy of From Junk Food To Joy Food: All the Foods You Love to Eat...Only Better by Joy Bauer, M.S., R.D.N., C.D.N
Per serving: 148 kcal cal.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet