Chocolate Nut Butter Spinach Smoothie
Nut butters are another great way to get in your morning protein - two tablespoons of almond butter contain about 5 grams of protein. (FYI: It also boasts 50 percent more monounsaturated fat, the good kind, than regular peanut butter, and approximately 25 percent less saturated fat, the bad kind.)
- 2 whole ripe, frozen bananas
- 2 cups low fat milk (coconut or almond milk all work well)
- 2 - 3 cups fresh spinach, washed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened, organic cocoa powder
- 2 - 3 tablespoons almond butter (or peanut butter)
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. Add more or less milk to reach your desired thickness.
- Recipe courtesy of Cynthia Rusincovitch, of Whole Food | Real Families.
Per serving: 335 kcal cal., 12 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 144 mg sodium, 7 g fiber, 28 g sugar, 16 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet