Chocolate of the Gods Mousse
Make the mousse ahead of time and refrigerate, then assemble the parfaits just before serving.
- 2 large Hass avocados, cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 - 4 tablespoons organic evaporated cane juice or organic sugar, available in health food stores (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Omega Nutrition coconut oil, available in health food stores (optional)
- 1 - 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Shaved dark chocolate (optional)
- Place first seven ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Sift cocoa powder with a metal strainer to remove lumps, then add to avocado mixture and blend until smooth. At this point you can refrigerate mousse in a tightly sealed container for up to a week or freeze it for up to a month.
- When ready to serve, evenly distribute half the raspberries among four wine goblets or martini glasses. Add a dollop of mousse to each, followed by a sprinkle of mint, the remainder of the raspberries, and another dollop of mousse. (If you have more mousse than you need to serve four, the extra can be refrigerated or frozen.) Top with more mint and shaved chocolate, if desired, and serve.
- Nutritional information does not include agave, coconut oil or shaved dark chocolate.
Per serving: 453 kcal cal., 14 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 90 g carb., 17 g fiber, 59 g sugar, 7 g pro., 129 mg calcium, 6 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet