Chopped Chicken Salad
With your busy schedule, it might seem hard to create healthy meals fast, but with chicken salad recipes, it's as easy as 1-2-3. This chopped chicken salad recipe by Shape can even use last night's leftovers.
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon plain lowfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cooked Broiled Lemon-Dill Chicken Breast
- 1/2 cup cooked bell peppers
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup cucumber slices
- 1/8 ripe avocado
- Diced pita bread (optional)
- Make dill dressing: Combine sour cream, yogurt, lemon juice, dill, and mustard in a bowl. Remove skin, lemon slice, and dill from chicken and discard. Remove bone and cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes. Cut bell peppers into 1/2-inch pieces. Add chicken, bell pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado to dill dressing and toss to combine. Place in a covered food container and refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve with pita bread, if desired.
- Broiled Lemon-Dill Chicken Breast with Bell Peppers from last night's dinner. For nutritional information on Broiled Lemon-Dill Chicken Breast, please see recipe
- Nutritional information does not include optional pita bread or Broiled Lemon-Dill Chicken Breast. For nutritional information on Broiled Lemon-Dill Chicken Breast, please see recipe.
Per serving: 116 kcal cal., 7 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 114 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 4 g pro., 76 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet