Cinnamon-Oat Whole Wheat Pancakes
Oatmeal and whole wheat flour give these nutty pancakes a fiber boost. Enjoy them plain or topped with fresh fruit.
- 1 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar, dark variety
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 sprays cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oats, both flours, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; fold to just combine.
- Coat a large nonstick griddle or pan with cooking spray; heat over medium to medium-high heat. Spoon batter into pan using 1/3-cup batter for each pancake; cook until lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Place pancakes on a baking tray in a warm oven (to keep hot); repeat with remaining ingredients (being careful not to spray cooking spray into an open flame).
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 290 kcal cal., 6 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 48 g carb., 5 g fiber, 11 g pro., 3 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet