Citrus-Marinated Vegetable Medley Poke Bowl
To keep the colors fresh and bright, marinate the beets separately from the other vegetables. Bump up the protein and omega-3s in this poke bowl by adding cubes of sushi-grade raw salmon to the marinated vegetables when you stir in the cilantro. The acid in the marinade will "cook" the salmon, so don't add it until you're ready to eat.
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- Sriracha, to taste
- 4 small roasted and peeled beets, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 2 nori sheets
- In a large bowl, whisk orange zest and juice, ginger, sesame oil, vinegar, tamari, and Sriracha. Mix in beets, pepper, edamame, tomatoes, cucumber, and sesame seeds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours.
- Stir in cilantro. Divide rice among serving bowls and top with vegetables, spooning in the marinade as well. Using scissors, cut nori into thin strips and scatter on top to garnish.
Per serving: 288 kcal cal., 5 g fat (0.7 g sat. fat), 620 mg sodium, 6 g fiber, 9 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet