Coconut Corn Soup
- 4 ears corn
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon mild yellow curry powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded skinless rotisserie chicken
- 1 mild long red chile, very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons sliced fresh cilantro
- Place the corn on a microwave-safe plate, cover with damp paper towels, and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water while removing husks and silks. Cut off the kernels, scraping all the juices from the cobs.
- Reserve 1/4 cup corn kernels. Place remaining kernels with their juices into a blender with coconut milk. Blend on high, scraping the bowl occasionally, until very smooth. Add the ice cubes and blend again just until ice melts and the soup is cold. Stir in the curry powder and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide soup among serving bowls and top with the chicken, chile slices, cilantro, and reserved corn kernels.
Per serving: 243 kcal cal., 14 g fat (9.9 g sat. fat), 19 g carb., 2 g fiber, 13 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet