Coconut Cranberry Breakfast Cookies
These wholesome cookies are a great alternative to traditional breakfast muffins. They're sweetened with mashed bananas and honey, and provide plenty of whole grains and healthy fats. To ensure these cookies are indeed gluten-free, purchase rolled oats that have the certified gluten-free stamp.
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana, or apple sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground almond
- 2 ounces dried cranberries
- 2 ounces unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix together: bananas, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon. Add oats, nuts, coconut, and cranberries. Mix with hands and squeeze until oats get sticky and mixture starts to bind. Form into 12 individual balls and flatten on cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes until golden.
- Recipe and photo provided by Gail Watson, founder of A Healthy Hunger.
Per serving: 194 kcal cal., 12 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 3 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 3 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet