Coconut Lemon Cookies
Gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, low-FODMAP, need we say more? Your tummy will truly love these light, lemony cookies. The coconut oil increases digestion, allowing you to truly enjoy this treat without worrying about how you'll feel later.
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened dried coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flax seeds and warm water to form "egg", let sit for 5 minutes, then mix in a blender. Set aside.
- Beat coconut oil and sugar for about 5 minutes.
- Mix flax egg, vanilla extract, lemon zest and juice.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, tapioca and salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients to form dough and mix well.
- Add shredded coconut and stir until evenly moistened.
- Spoon dough into a piping bag fitted with a piping tip.
- Pipe the cookies onto the baking sheet, evenly spacing them.
- Bake until golden, 15-20 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool on the tray for 10 minutes before eating or storing in an airtight container.
- This recipe was provided by Joana Oliveira for Further Food.
Per serving: 157 kcal cal., 6 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 86 mg sodium, 0 g fiber, 15 g sugar, 1 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet