Cold Corn and Pepper Soup
A healthy, refreshing way to cool down on a hot summer's day.
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 yellow peppers, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- In a large saucepan, bring the first 5 ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 25 minutes. Transfer soup in batches to blender and whip until velvety. Pour through sieve into a bowl, pushing on sieve with back of a spoon to drain off solids. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste; chill. Ladle into bowls; garnish with fresh chopped dill.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Per serving: 101 kcal cal., 1 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 22 g carb., 3 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 4 g pro., 11 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet