Confetti Burgers with Cilantro Sauce
Lean ground beef gets a flavor kick from chopped veggies and lime-spiked cilantro sauce made with creamy Greek yogurt.
For the cilantro sauce:
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
For the burgers:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup corn kernels, fresh or thawed frozen
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- Sliced tomato and romaine lettuce
- To make the cilantro sauce, place cilantro, yogurt, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a blender and pulse, scraping down the sides as needed, until cilantro is finely chopped and ingredients are combined. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill.
- Meanwhile, combine beef, scallions, bell pepper, corn, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and mix well, using your hands or a large spoon. Form into four patties about 3 1/2 inches wide and half an inch thick.
- Place patties on a lightly oiled grill and cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook 4 to 5 minutes more, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of a burger reaches 160 degrees F. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil. Split the buns and lightly toast on the grill. Place a burger, tomato slice, lettuce, and cilantro sauce between each bun to serve.
- Nutrition score includes 1/4 teaspoon of added salt, but does not include whole-wheat hamburger buns, sliced tomato, or romaine lettuce.
Per serving: 250 kcal cal., 13 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 8 g carb., 1 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 26 g pro., 116 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet