Corn Custard Timbales
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed and well drained
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 6 cups mixed baby-salad greens
- 1/3 cup good-quality, low-calorie vinaigrette dressing
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray six 6-ounce custard cups with cooking spray. Place the cups in a small (11-by-7-inch) baking dish. Blend milk, sugar, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of the corn with a hand-held blender or food processor until smooth. Strain into a saucepan, pressing the solids to extract all liquids. Bring to a simmer, stirring, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat; place the pan in ice water and cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg and egg white together in a small bowl. Stir remaining corn and the egg mixture into the pan. Spoon evenly into the prepared cups. Add simmering water to baking dish to come one-third of the way up the sides of the cups. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set in the center (so that a knife inserted comes out clean). Transfer custards from the pan to the rack and cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Can be made ahead; bring to room temperature and place in very hot tap water for 15 minutes before serving. To serve, toss greens with the vinaigrette and arrange on salad plates. Run the knife around sides of the cups; invert onto plates atop greens and serve warm.
- Nutritional information does not include vinaigrette.
Per serving: 103 kcal cal., 2 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 10 g carb., 3 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 7 g pro., 142 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet