Corn Spoon Bread
The perfect side for a veggie-packed soup, this moist, creamy bread is delicious, simple, and family-friendly.
- 3 cups milk, divided
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more for the dish
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring 1 1/2 cups milk to a boil with corn.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining 1 1/2 cups milk with cornmeal. Whisking constantly, slowly add cornmeal mixture to boiling milk. Reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter, thyme, salt, pepper, and eggs, stirring briskly as eggs are added so they don't begin to scramble. Transfer to a buttered casserole or cast-iron skillet. Bake until golden and set, about 30 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Recipe provided by Relish!
Per serving: 240 kcal cal., 10 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 29 g carb., 3 g fiber, 9 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet