Cranberry-Paprika Grilled Chicken With Summer Squash and Avocado
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon hot Hungarian paprika, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 zucchini, very thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, very thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and very thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Stir the juice, paprika, onion, 1/4 cup cranberries, and a pinch of salt together in a bowl. Put the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag and pour half of the juice mixture with the solids over it. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a grill to medium. Remove the chicken from the marinade and season with salt and paprika. Grill, turning once, for 10 minutes. Continue grilling while brushing with the reserved juice mixture and turning the chicken until the chicken is cooked through, about 6 minutes more. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange the zucchini, squash, and avocado on serving plates. Slice the chicken and set over the vegetables. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with more paprika and the remaining 1/4 cup cranberries.
Per serving: 327 kcal cal., 15 g fat (2.7 g sat. fat), 26 g carb., 5 g fiber, 25 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet