Creamy Broccoli Stalk Slaw
Use a combo of Greek yogurt and milk to get a thick buttermilk-like dressing, without all the calories of mayo. Plus, both yogurt and milk can help contribute to your three daily recommended servings of dairy.
For the slaw:
- 1 1/3 cups shaved broccoli stalks
- 1 1/3 cups shaved Brussels sprouts
- 1 1/3 cups chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (or Craisins)
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Handful fresh oregano leaves
- Mix vegetables together.
- Mix all sauce ingredients until smooth and to your desired thickness.
- Add sauce to vegetables, refrigerate for a couple hours prior to serving.
- Recipe provided by Rebecca Clyde, R.D., of Be Truly Nourished.
Per serving: 155 kcal cal., 7 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 18 g carb., 5 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 8 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet