Creamy Corn Chowder
This creamy corn chowder provides lots of vitamins A, B and C, potassium, fiber, folic acid, and calcium.
- 2/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 16 ounce bag frozen combination broccoli, corn and red peppers (cut up any large pieces)
- 1 15 ounce can cream style corn
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 cup canned chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- In a large saucepan, dissolve cornstarch in milk. Add all vegetables, broth and cumin. Bring to boil, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until vegetables are tender, 10 minutes. Add pepper; serve.
Per serving: 202 kcal cal., 2 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 458 mg sodium, 6 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 9 g pro., 95 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet