This creamy gazpacho recipe saves time by using a blender instead of chopping. Serve this easy meal with toasted baguette.
- 1 tomato (about 1/2 pound), cored and roughly chopped
- 1 roasted pepper, rinsed
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 scallion (white and light green parts), roughly chopped
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 pinch red pepper flakes
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Kosher salt
- Place tomatoes, pepper, yogurt, olive oil, 6 basil leaves, garlic, scallion, ice cubes, salt, red pepper flakes, vinegar and black pepper in a blender. Puree until smooth. Taste and add more salt and vinegar, as necessary. Pour the creamy gazpacho into two bowls and garnish with olive oil and the remaining four basil leaves. Give it a good grind of fresh pepper.
- Recipe courtesy of Cara Eisenpress and Phoebe Lapine of Big Girls, Small Kitchen
- Nutritional information does not include additional Kosher salt or olive oil for drizzling.
Per serving: 209 kcal cal., 17 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 12 g carb., 2 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 5 g pro., 139 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet