Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Sweet Potato Pasta
This dish may taste like those yummy artichoke dips you see at parties, but the creamy, cheesiness actually comes from cauliflower and nutritional yeast. On top of a sweet potato pasta, it's packed with healthy carbohydrates to refuel you.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, spiralized, noodles trimmed
- 1 (13.75-ounce) can halved artichoke hearts, drained and patted dry
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the cauliflower and cook until easily pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a food processor. Add the garlic powder, nutritional yeast, broth, and oregano. Season with salt and black pepper and pulse until creamy. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your preference.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the sweet potato noodles and season with salt and black pepper. Cook for about 7 minutes or until al dente. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Immediately add the artichokes to the skillet and season with salt and black pepper. Cook for 3 minutes or until warmed through. Add the garlic and spinach and cook for 3 minutes or until fragrant and just wilted. Return the sweet potato noodles to the skillet and pour over the cauliflower sauce. Toss to combine thoroughly.
- Divide among four plates and garnish with the red pepper flakes.
- Reprinted from Inspiralize Everything. Copyright © 2016 by Alissandra Maffucci. Photographs by Evan Sung. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, an imprint of Penguin Random House, LLC.
Per serving: 246 kcal cal., 13 g fat) (756 mg sodium, 10 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 8 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet