Creole Shrimp Kabobs with Couscous
Prepare this fiery seafood meal tonight!
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning (sold in supermarket spice sections)
- 1 Spanish onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup whole-wheat couscous
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat grill, grill pan, or broiler. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp in the Creole seasoning to coat.
- Alternate shrimp and vegetables on skewers. (Soak wooden skewers for 5-30 minutes first.) Grill or broil for 5-7 minutes, until shrimp are bright red and cooked through, turning the skewers halfway through cooking time.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 1/4 cups of water to a boil. Stir in couscous, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. (Add chopped cilantro, thyme, and chives if desired.) Season with salt and pepper; serve with kabobs.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Per serving: 323 kcal cal., 3 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 469 mg sodium, 8 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 31 g pro., 89 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet