Crispy Picnic Chicken
This baked chicken tastes fried, but it has just 317 calories and 9 grams of fat compared with 580 calories and 36 fat grams in typical fried chicken.
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1 1/2 pounds pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8)
- 2 1/2 cups corn flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- Place buttermilk and chicken in a zip-top plastic bag; be sure each thigh is coated. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (all day is preferable).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine corn flakes with Italian seasoning, salt, and cayenne in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely ground. Transfer crumbs to a shallow dish and mix with panko. Drain buttermilk from each piece of chicken and coat both sides with seasoned crumbs. Bake 30 minutes or until juicy and cooked through.
Per serving: 309 kcal cal., 7 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 24 g carb., 1 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 36 g pro., 67 mg calcium, 6 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet