Cucumber Granita and Salmon
This frozen cucumber treat also works well with sushi fish or in a cocktail.
- 1 quart freshly juiced cucumber
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (equal parts water and sugar)
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Smoked or cured salmon, for serving
- Mix all ingredients and pour into a large flat container; place in the freezer. Once there is a solid layer of ice, start scraping the cucumber mix with a fork and then return to the freezer. Every twenty minutes, repeat the scraping and freezing process until you have a pile resembling shaved ice.
- Serve with smoked or cured salmon.
- Recipe provided by chef Julia Doyne of The Forge in Miami Beach, Florida.
- Photo credit: Romain Maurice Photography