Cucumber Granita with Heirloom Tomatoes
Super-refreshing summery cucumber complements heirloom tomatoes and basil.
- 2 large English cucumbers, skin-on, cut into large chunks
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and stemmed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons Japanese rice vinegar
- Heirloom tomatoes and basil, for serving
- Puree all ingredients together until totally smooth; pour into a shallow metal pan and freeze for 1 hour.
- Using a fork, scrape and break up the ice; return to freezer for another hour. Repeat one more time before serving, or store in the freezer for up to 3 days.
- Serve with tomatoes and basil
- Recipe provided by chef Aaron Fitterman of Aretsky's Patroon in New York City.
- Photo credit: Aretsky's Patroon