Curry Carrot Salad
"Salad" doesn't have to mean lettuce or kale. This carrot-based salad is as easy on the eyes as it is your waistline, with a creamy curry dressing that's way tastier than anything you can find in a grocery store.
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nama shoyu (or low-sodium tamari)
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- 4 cups grated carrots
- 2 cups snow peas, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- Soak cashews for at least 6 hours, then drain.
- Toss carrots, snow peas, pineapple, raisins, and scallions in a large bowl.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat evenly.
- Recipe provided by Susan of Rawmazing.com
Per serving: 193 kcal cal., 6 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 34 g carb., 5 g fiber, 4 g pro., 89 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet