Delightfully Spiced Carrots
Make these simple, delicious spiced roasted carrots as a perfect side for any holiday dinner.
- 8 carrots, 1/4 inch slice on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 lemon wedges, for garnish
- Chopped mint, for garnish
- Cut 8 carrots into 1/4-inch slices on the diagonal. Heat a heavy skillet over medium; add 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tsp. ground cumin, and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon; cook for 30 seconds. Add carrots and 1/2 tsp. minced garlic; turn with tongs. Add 1/4 tsp. salt, cover, and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Serve with lemon wedges or chopped mint.
Per serving: 83 kcal cal., 4 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 12 g carb., 4 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 1 g pro., 49 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet