Dijon-Braised Brussels Sprouts
These savory roasted sprouts are packed with vitamins B1, B6, C, and K, as well as folate, fiber, and potassium. Guests will go crazy over this healthy and delicious side dish at your next dinner party.
For dijon vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For brussel sprouts:
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, julienned
- In a small bowl, whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts, almonds, and apricots. Pour vinaigrette on top and toss well to combine. Spread mixture evenly on the baking sheet. Roast for approximately 55 minutes, or until sprout leaves are tender and golden brown.
- Recipe courtesy of Candice Kumai.
- If you don't have dried apricots on hand, opt for dried cranberries or apple slices to add more tartness.
Per serving: 233 kcal cal., 13 g fat (1.5 g sat. fat), 423 mg sodium, 7 g fiber, 15 g sugar, 7 g pro., 87 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet