Easy and Delicious Chocolate Sheet Cake
This moist and tasty chocolate cake is perfect to serve straight out of the oven or ready for decorating. It's so much better than a boxed mix, and you won't believe how such a rich dessert can be so shockingly low-cal. If you're hosting a large dinner party, this easy recipe is your perfect go-to.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons regular butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- X 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well with a fork to combine.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine milk, egg whites, melted butter and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, mix on low speed until blended; gradually beat in boiling water.
- Gradually add flour mixture to milk mixture and mix on low speed until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool cake in pan, on a wire rack.
- Sift powdered sugar over cooled cake before cutting into 12 pieces.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 231 kcal cal., 3 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 50 g carb., 2 g fiber, 32 g sugar, 5 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet