Easy Blueberry Coconut Oatmeal
Oatmeal is a quick and easy way to get a fiber boost. If you have a very busy week, prepare oatmeal for several days at a time by placing one serving of pre-measured dry ingredients into a re-sealable container. In the morning, just add the wet ingredients and pop it in the microwave for a healthy breakfast.
- 1 cup water (you can use milk, if you'd like)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 - 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup (may not need if you used sweetened coconut flakes)
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Bring water to a boil in small saucepan on the stove. Add oats, flax meal, chia seeds, coconut, and blueberries to water. Stir to combine.
- Cook about 3-5 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- When done, stir in maple syrup and top with dash of cinnamon. (Sometimes I even add some milk to make it even creamier). Enjoy!
- Combine all ingredients in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes (will vary depending on your microwave). Stir & voila! They're ready to be eaten!
- Recipe by Brittany Poulson, founder of Your Choice Nutrition by Dietitian Brittany
Per serving: 334 kcal cal., 12 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 46 g carb., 13 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 11 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet