Easy Fruit Crisp
Use whatever combination of fruit you prefer for this easy, delicious dessert.
For the fruit filling:
- 5 - 6 cups cups sliced fruit--peeled, if necessary (2 1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 - 2 cups berries, fresh or frozen (optional)
- 1 - 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 - 2 tablespoons sugar
- Crisp topping (recipe follows)
- Yogurt or Creme Fraiche (optional)
For the crisp topping:
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 - 3 tablespoons minced walnuts (optional)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the fruit in a medium-sized bowl, and toss with the lemon juice. Sprinkle in the flour and sugar and toss until fairly evenly coated, then transfer the mixture to an ungreased 9- or 10-inch pie pan. Don't clean the bowl.
- Use the same bowl to make the crisp topping. Combine the dry ingredients; use your fingers, if necessary, to mix in the brown sugar. Add the melted butter and mix with a fork and/or your hands until uniformly moistened. Carefully crumble the topping mixture over the fruit, and pat it into place. Place the pan on a baking tray, and bake in the center of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until brown on top. Cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature, with a little yogurt or Creme Fraiche on the side.
- Nutritional information includes 5 cups sliced fruit, 1 cup berries, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 2 tablespoons of butter, but does not include optional minced walnuts, or Creme Fraiche.
Per serving: 322 kcal cal., 9 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 59 g carb., 8 g fiber, 30 g sugar, 8 g pro., 43 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet