Easy Kale, Mushroom, Quinoa Miso Soup
This soup is simple and totally gut-friendly without sacrificing its bold miso flavor. It eliminates garlic and onions, which can be irritating if you have a sensitive stomach. Make it for any meal where you're craving a warm, healthy dish.
- 1 cup laminate kale, chopped
- 3/4 cup crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 5 - 7 1 inch strips of dried kombu
- 1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons miso paste
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seed oil (optional)
- Set a pot of water on the stove to boil.
- Heat oil on medium-high in a pan, add kale and saute until slightly wilted.
- Add mushrooms and saute 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
- Add sauteed kale and mushrooms to a bowl, place cooked quinoa and kombu strips on top.
- In a small dish, dissolve miso with 1/4 cup warm water.
- Pour boiling water over veggies and quinoa until covered.
- Add dissolved miso, stir.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sesame oil and enjoy.
- This recipe is provided by Hannah Bornstein for Further Food.
Per serving: 350 kcal cal., 18 g fat (12 g sat. fat), 42 g carb., 7 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 10 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet