Serve this dip with wedges of whole-wheat pita bread and an assortment of vegetable crudite, such as celery, endive leaves, baby carrots, and cucumber.
- 1 12 ounce package frozen organic shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Place edamame in a food processor. Add the oil, vinegar, salt, and water and pulse until smooth. The mixture should look like a thin hummus; if it's too thick, add more water. Taste and add more salt if necessary. Add parsley and pulse briefly to blend (flecks of parsley should still be visible). Transfer to a bowl; garnish with more parsley, if desired, and serve with pita wedges and/or crudites.
Per serving: 189 kcal cal., 13 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 10 g carb., 4 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 11 g pro., 186 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet