Egg Pizza with Garbanzo Bean Crust
Enjoy a gluten-free breakfast pizza packed with satisfying protein and fiber. The crust and topping take a total of 15 minutes to prepare - who says a healthy breakfast can't be quick and easy?
- 1/3 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 - 4 tablespoons salsa
- 1/4 avocado, cubed
- Sliced green onions, for serving
- Heat a small pan sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat. In a small bowl, stir together garbanzo bean flour, water, garlic powder, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Pour batter into pan and cook for about 6 minutes. Flip and cook for another 4 minutes (the crust should be very easy to flip - if not, let it cook a couple minutes longer).
- Remove crust from pan. Spray the pan again and add beaten eggs to the pan. Scramble until set.
- Spread salsa over crust. Add scrambled eggs, cubed avocado and green onions. Season with salt and pepper and serve!
- Recipe and photo by Alexis Joseph, R.D. and author of the blog Hummusapien
Per serving: 353 kcal cal., 17 g fat (6 g sat. fat), 31 g carb., 8 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 22 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet