This egg salad recipe is low in saturated fat, easy to whip up, and delicious.
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1 pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- Armenian low-carb flatbread (optional)
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, turn off the heat, cover the pot and let it sit on the hot burner for 8 minutes. Remove from stove, drain water and run cold water over eggs. Peel eggs, discarding two of the yolks. Place whole egg and the two whites in a bowl. Mash with a fork. Add the celery, parsley, mustard, almonds and pepper and mix. Eat as is or serve on a piece of flatbread.
- Nutritional information does not include optional Armenian low-carb flatbread.
Per serving: 290 kcal cal., 20 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 326 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 23 g pro., 131 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet