Ready in under a minute and easy to customize, this egg recipe ensures that you'll never look at your waffle iron the same way again! Plus, there's no messy pan to clean up.
- Oil, to grease the waffle iron
- 2 large eggs
- 1 sausage, pre-cooked (about 1 ounce)
- 1/2 cup peppers, onions or other sliced veggies
- Cheese, if desired
- Grease waffle iron with oil and heat to medium setting.
- Crack 2 eggs in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour eggs into waffle iron.
- Top with sausage, veggies and cheese, if using.
- Shut waffle iron and hold firmly closed for about 15 seconds. Let go and let cook for another 30-45 seconds. Open and remove with a fork.
- Recipe and photo by Lindsay Livingston, R.D., The Lean Green Bean
Per serving: 246 kcal cal., 17 g fat (6 g sat. fat), 4 g carb., 1 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 17 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet