Eggs Cacio e Pepe
Ideal for either a workday morning or a weekend brunch, these silky eggs are extra fluffy thanks to the addition of Greek yogurt. And there's no salt in sight - the creamy yogurt and tangy pecorino provide all the seasoning you need.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- Toasted or grilled bread (optional)
- In a 10-inch nonstick saute pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, pecorino, pepper, and yogurt. Pour mixture into heated pan. Using a rubber spatula, immediately start stirring mixture. Continue to stir constantly and cook gently until small soft curds form and eggs are just beginning to set but are still creamy.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with toasted or grilled bread, if desired.
- Recipe provided by GiadaWeekly.com
- Nutrition information does not include bread.
Per serving: 242 kcal cal., 20 g fat) (2 g carb., 0 g fiber, 13 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet