Beets can improve blood flow, boosting your stamina.
- 2/3 cup chopped cooked red beets
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Place beets, ginger, blueberries, and honey in a blender. Pulse until mixed, then blend on high speed.
- With the blender running, pour in apple juice and lime juice and blend until smooth.
- Recipe by Shaun Acosta, the executive chef of the Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown
Per serving: 160 kcal cal., 1 g fat (0.1 g sat. fat), 72 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 2 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet