Farmers Market Salad With Ribboned Goat Cheese Omelet
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
- 2 Chioggia (candy cane), red, or yellow beets, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 zucchini blossoms, roughly chopped
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into matchsticks
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons water
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1 handful fresh microgreens, for garnish
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, sunflower seeds, pepitas, or sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a blender or a food processor, blend basil, 1/2 cup olive oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and red pepper flakes until smooth.
- In a large salad bowl, combine arugula, peaches, beets, zucchini blossoms, cabbage, and bell pepper. Toss with half the dressing.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and water. Whisk in goat cheese, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 10- to 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup egg mixture to skillet, carefully spreading it into a thin, even layer. Cook until egg is set, about 1 to 2 minutes. Gently flip and cook for 30 seconds more. Slide omelet onto a plate and repeat with remaining mixture, until it's used up. (You should get 2 to 3 thin omelets).
- Stack omelets, roll into a log, and slice into ribbons. Add omelet ribbons and avocado slices to salad, garnish with microgreens and toasted nuts or seeds, and serve with remaining vinaigrette.
Per serving: 613 kcal cal., 53 g fat (10.4 g sat. fat), 23 g carb., 8 g fiber, 17 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet