Love spice in your life? Then this recipe is for you! Don't worry, if you can't handle the heat or are feeding younger kids, you can use equal parts reduced sugar ketchup in place of the chili sauce and add a touch more garlic. It'll be a sweeter, tangier barbecue sauce.
- 2 pounds grilled chicken breast, chopped
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup garlic chili sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced sugar ketchup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped chives (optional garnish)
- Start with leftover grilled chicken breast or quickly grill some up with a little bit of oil, salt and pepper.
- To make the sauce, add all ingredients to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer until ingredients are well incorporated and thickened, about 20 minutes. Add chicken and stir to combine.
- Serve over jasmine or basmati rice (not included in nutrition information). Sprinkle with chives, if desired.
- Recipe by Jamila Rene of No Nonsense Nutritionist.
Per serving: 220 kcal cal., 4 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 10 g carb., 4 g sugar, 33 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet