Flourless Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies with Sea Salt
These mouthwatering treats are flourless, gluten-free, and vegan to boot.
- Cooking spray
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup almond or peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegan (or regular) chocolate chips, divided
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse chickpeas, nut butter, sweetener, vanilla, salt, baking powder, and baking soda until smooth. Fold in 1/3 cup chocolate chips. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and edges are slightly brown. Cool pan for 20 minutes on a wire rack. Sprinkle with sea salt before serving.
- Recipe provided by Monique Volz of AmbitiousKitchen.com
Per serving: 129 kcal cal., 7 g fat (1.5 g sat. fat), 193 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 4 g pro., 52 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet