French Toast with Blueberry Sauce
This recipe calls for frozen berries, but you can certainly use fresh ones when they're in season. The sauce is also delicious made with sliced fresh peaches.
- 1 cup unsweetened frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons blueberry-variety preserves
- 1/3 cup fat free skim milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- Cooking spray
- 4 slices calorie reduced bread
- In a small pot, combine frozen blueberries and preserves. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until berries thaw and become warm, about 3 to 5 minutes; remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, beat together milk, egg, egg whites, vanilla, and salt.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Dip bread, one piece at a time, into egg mixture; turn to coat both sides. Cook bread in a single layer, flipping once, until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 260 kcal cal., 4 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 464 mg sodium, 7 g fiber, 20 g sugar, 12 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet