Fudgy Cherry-Pistachio Rounds
Minimal cooking is the trick to giving these cookies their soft, fudgy texture.
- 5 tablespoons lightly salted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried sweet cherries, pitted
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil (shiny side down).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add corn syrup and beat until blended. Add egg, egg white, and vanilla; beat until creamy and smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Stir into butter mixture, adding cherries and pistachios.
- Scoop teaspoons of dough onto baking sheet, 1 inch apart. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool briefly, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Per serving: 630 kcal cal., 25 g fat (11 g sat. fat), 250 mg sodium, 7 g fiber, 45 g sugar, 11 g pro., 79 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet