Ginger Date Muffins
An easy way to get your day off to a healthy start.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons low-fat buttermilk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups dates, chopped
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. In a small bowl, combine applesauce, molasses, buttermilk, and egg whites. Add the applesauce mixture to the flour mixture. Stir just until combined. Fold in dates.
- Divide the batter among muffin cups. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden and muffins are pulling away from the pan.
Per serving: 174 kcal cal., 0 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 90 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 28 g sugar, 3 g pro., 60 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet