You've never had veggies like these before! These glazed ginger carrots will give your holiday dinner a gourmet feel. The honey coating brings out the sweetness of the carrots, and the pop of color adds a festive touch to your feast.
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, sliced diagonally into 1-inch chunks
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 1/4 cups water with honey, rice vinegar, and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- Add butter to a medium saucepan and heat over medium-high. Add carrots and saute for 5 minutes or until just slightly tender.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add honey mixture to saucepan and bring to a boil. Then cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 5 minutes or until carrots are very tender.
- Remove lid, increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until liquid is nearly gone. Remove from heat, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Recipe courtesy of Johnny Miller.
Per serving: 81 kcal cal., 2 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 239 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 1 g pro., 39 mg calcium, 0.5 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet