Greek Yogurt with Warm Blueberry Sauce
Fresh blueberry sauce is incredibly easy to prepare and makes a fantastic breakfast, snack, or dessert when swirled into plain Greek yogurt.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest, more to taste (plus extra for garnish)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
- Table salt
- 3 cups fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- In a medium saucepan, combine blueberries, sugar, and water; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most berries burst and cook down into a purple sauce, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt; let cool to warm. (If not using right away, transfer to a container, cover, and refrigerate until serving. Reheat before serving.)
- To serve, spoon yogurt into small bowls; top with warm berry sauce and swirl sauce into yogurt.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 111 kcal cal., 0.5 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 90 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 12 g pro., 0 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet