Green Tomato Granita
Enjoy this icy green treat over crudo, or spoon it up on its own.
- 2 pounds green tomatoes
- 2 lemons
- 6 sheets of gelatin, soaked in cold water
- Puree the tomato and lemons in a blender and then strain out the liquid. Add water until you have 1 quart of liquid.
- Heat up 1/2 cup of the tomato liquid in a pot and dissolve gelatin in the broth; then add heated ingredients to remaining broth. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Pour tomato broth into a shallow pan and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer and use a fork to scrape it to form snow. Serve immediately or transfer back to the freezer to avoid melting.
- Recipe provided by chef Kevin Meehan of Kali in Los Angeles.
- Photo credit: Kali