Green Vanilla Almond Post-Workout Shake
While developing this recipe, my team kept going back for seconds of this yummy drink - and for good reason. Not only does it taste just like a vanilla milkshake, but it's full of nutrients and muscle-building protein, making it the perfect post-workout snack. For hundreds more delicious drinks, check out my new book, Clean Green Drinks.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cup (1 scoop) protein powder
- 1 cup ice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Recipe adapted from Clean Green Drinks by Candice Kumai, Galvanized Books, 2014
Per serving: 180 kcal cal., 6 g fat) (17 g carb., 3 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 11 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet