Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
The chicken in this dish provides protein; the romaine and tomatoes, vitamins C and folate.
- 4 4 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cups reduced-sodium, nonfat chicken broth, divided
- 6 cups romaine lettuce leaves (in 2-inch pieces), rinsed, patted dry
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat grill, broiler or grill pan. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes a side, or until done.
- Meanwhile, puree cheese, mustard, oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and 1/4 cup broth in a blender until smooth. Add remaining broth (and 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste, if desired); puree.
- In a large bowl, toss romaine with dressing. Divide among four plates. Thinly slice grilled chicken crosswise; arrange on romaine with tomatoes. Each serving equals to 1 chicken breast, sliced; 1 1/2 cups lettuce; 2 tablespoons dressing; 4 cherry tomatoes.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving
Per serving: 219 kcal cal., 6 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 673 mg sodium, 5 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 28 g pro., 78 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet