Grilled Kale and Summer Veggie Salad With Avocado Caesar Dressing
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large bunch or 2 small bunches Tuscan or curly kale, stems on
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh snap peas, ends trimmed and strings removed
- 1 ear corn, kernels cut from cob
- 1 can (14 ounces) white beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Savory Granola
- In a blender or a food processor, blend avocado, 1/3 cup olive oil, Parmesan, lemon juice, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste until smooth. If dressing is too thick, add a tablespoon of water at a time to achieve the consistency you like. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Preheat a grill or a grill pan to medium. Place kale on a large baking sheet and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with a pinch of salt and use your hands to massage oil into kale for 1 minute, making sure it's completely coated.
- Place kale on grill and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, then flip and grill for another 30 seconds to 1 minute, until leaves just start to char along the edges. Transfer to a cutting board, let cool slightly, and roughly chop.
- Place kale, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, snap peas, corn kernels, and beans in a large salad bowl. Gently toss, sprinkle with granola, and serve with the avocado dressing.
Per serving: 623 kcal cal., 42 g fat (9 g sat. fat), 52 g carb., 15 g fiber, 19 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet