Grilled Lemon Cilantro Shishito Peppers
You'll find shishito peppers on tapas menus around the country, but these babies are so easy to cook at home. Use this simple marinade to flavor them up, then grill or bake for about 10 minutes.
- 1 pound fresh shishito peppers, whole
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place clean, whole shishito peppers in a large Ziploc bag.
- Add remaining ingredients and seal the bag.
- Shake the bag vigorously to distribute ingredients and refrigerate for a few hours prior to grilling.
- Heat grill and place shishito peppers on a grilling basket or grilling platter (the small peppers fall through the grill grates easily).
- Grill for about 8 minutes, until browned on surface.
- Recipe provided by Sharon Palmer, R.D.N., author of Plant-Powered for Life.
Per serving: 47 kcal cal., 3 g fat (0.5 g sat. fat), 3 g carb., 1 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 1 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet