Grilled Pineapple with Ricotta
The simple, refreshing post-barbecue dessert is the perfect combination of sweet, creamy, and crunchy - it'll satisfy any sweet tooth. Filled with nutrition and boasting a low calorie count, it can also be served as a healthy snack.
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 pineapple, cored and cut into half-inch rings
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, chopped
- Add almonds to small pan set over medium heat, and toast for about 7-8 minutes, stirring often, until browned.
- Sprinkle pineapple with cinnamon. Place pineapple on hot barbeque or grill pan. Grill until heated through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve pineapple warm on 4 plates. Top each with a tablespoon of ricotta cheese, toasted almonds, cinnamon, and mint.
- Recipe by Cara Rosenbloom, R.D., of Words to Eat By.
Per serving: 120 kcal cal., 4 g fat) (25 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 4 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet